As a member of Kiran’s analytics team, the data analyst participates in solution delivery and customer acquisition projects solving real-world predictive modeling, forecasting, resource planning and other data analytics problems. Works closely with Kiran’s clients in all phases of the solution delivery from process audit and benchmarking to modeling, implementation, validation and on-going support.
- Support client engagements and analytics projects end-to-end
- Perform data management and analysis on client data which will include:
- Perform data clean-up; identify data discrepancies; generate basic descriptive statistics
- Query and analyze data using SQL queries; generate charts showing trends, correlations
- Perform statistical analysis and devise modeling approaches utilizing techniques like regression analysis, simulation modeling, time-series forecasting, queuing/stochastic models, linear/non-linear programming, heuristics/algorithm development, etc.
- Develop reports (Word and PowerPoint) to document analysis and results
- Offer creative ideas in design meetings to solve industry or client specific problems
- Travel (up to 15% of time) to client offices for data collection, meetings and executive presentations
- B.S. in industrial engineering, business, statistics, or closely related discipline is required. Masters degree is preferred.
- Coursework or work experience with statistical analysis is required
- 6+ months of work or academic project experience analyzing large datasets is preferred
- Knowledge of basic statistics (confidence intervals, significance testing, etc.) is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server is required
- Proficiency in programming using any language such as C#, VB, Perl/Python etc. required
- Presentation skills—the candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be driven and a self-starter with the ability to run with a project with little guidance
- Knowledge of conducting statistical analyses in R or JMP is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle and analyze large datasets (50GB+) is preferred
- Prior experience in the banking industry is preferred
About Kiran Analytics
Kiran Analytics drives intelligent branch transformation for retail banks through the application of predictive analytics, resulting in increased sales and service effectiveness, and reduced operational costs. Kiran’s solutions have been deployed in over 10,000 branches; helping forecast branch staff levels accurately, hire better people faster, and plan and schedule resources efficiently.
Kiran Analytics offers a fun, challenging, start-up environment with amazing opportunity for growth, experienced mentoring from longtime industry experts, and rapid career development. Employees at Kiran Analytics enjoy snacks, drinks, catered lunches, and regular company group events.
To Apply: Email your resume to email@example.com.