As a member of Kiran’s analytics team, the Analytics Consultant participates in solution delivery and customer acquisition projects solving real-world predictive modeling, forecasting, resource planning and other data analytics problems. Works closely with Kiran’s clients in all phases of the solution delivery from process audit and benchmarking to modeling, implementation, validation and on-going support.
- Support client engagements and analytics projects end-to-end
- Perform data management and analysis on client data
- Perform data clean-up; identify data discrepancies; generate basic descriptive statistics
- Query and analyze data using SQL queries; generate charts showing trends, correlations
- Perform statistical analysis and devise modeling approaches utilizing techniques like regression analysis, simulation modeling, time-series forecasting, queuing/stochastic models, linear/non-linear programming, heuristics/algorithm development, etc.
- Develop reports (Word and PowerPoint) to document analysis and results
- Offer creative ideas in design meetings to solve industry or client specific problems
- Travel (up to 15% of time) to client offices for data collection, meetings and executive presentations
- B.S. in industrial engineering, business, statistics, or closely related discipline is required. Masters degree is preferred.
- Coursework or work experience with statistical analysis is required.
- Knowledge of basic statistics (confidence intervals, significance testing, etc.) is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server is required
- Presentation skills—the candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be driven and a self-starter with the ability to run with a project with little guidance
- Knowledge of conducting statistical analyses in R or JMP is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle and analyze large datasets (50GB+) is preferred
- Prior experience in the banking industry is preferred
About Kiran Analytics
Kiran Analytics offers a fun, challenging, start-up environment with amazing opportunity for growth, experienced mentoring from longtime industry experts, and rapid career development. Employees at Kiran Analytics enjoy snacks, drinks, catered lunches, and regular company group events.
To Apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org