As a member of Kiran’s analytics team, the intern will provide data analysis support in field studies and projects involving top banking institutions in the US, UK, and Canada. The internship will involve working with client data to solve real-world predictive modeling, forecasting, and resource planning problems.
The location for this position is the Kiran Analytics office located in San Diego, CA. Local candidates are preferred, as no housing allowance will be provided.
- Import data into Excel or SQL server database
- Perform data clean-up; identify data discrepancies; generate basic descriptive statistics
- Query and analyze data using SQL queries; generate charts showing trends, correlations
- Perform basic statistical testing; perform regression analysis under the guidance of the project manager; generate summary charts for reporting
- Develop reports (Word and PowerPoint) to document analysis and results
- Must be actively enrolled in a B.S. or Master’s program in industrial engineering, applied math, statistics, or closely related discipline
- Coursework or work experience with statistical analysis is required
- 6+ months of work or academic project experience analyzing large datasets is preferred
- Knowledge of basic to intermediate level statistics is required
- Proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, Pivot and Trend charts, Data tables, and Look-Up functions)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required
- The candidate must have strong written and verbal communications
Candidates with experience in SQL server queries and basic programming language (any of C, C#, VB, Java, etc.) will be given priority.
Kiran Analytics offers a fun, challenging, start-up environment with amazing opportunity for growth, experienced mentoring from longtime industry experts, and rapid career development. Employees at Kiran Analytics enjoy snacks, drinks, catered lunches, and regular company group events.
To Apply: Email your resume to email@example.com.